5 things to understand about your fire alarm
- Some things need more attention than others. When your alarm screams, flashing everyone in sight for seemingly no reason at all, it needs you to understand: You are his whole life.
- Fire alarms are sensitive. Sometimes when they go off, it’s scary. To the fire alarm, even the most innocuous threat seems real. Without your full attention, the fire alarm may feel ignored.
- Fires are unnecessary to sound an alarm. If peace and quiet has occurred for an unusually long period of time, the fire alarm will warn you. Under the guise of “it’s better safe than sorry”, random shrieks may be heard.
- If a fire alarm ceases to carry out its duty; you will not know. Like the silent, but deadly killer of carbon monoxide, a defunct fire alarm stays quiet. Instead, fire alarms may sulk, pretending everything is okay for months at a time.
- Fire alarms will die for you. Some may consider fire alarms dramatic. Others think they’re their hero. Either way, when taking a fire alarm for granted, there will be repercussions.
My fire alarm makes very annoying chirps when it’s battery gets too low. That’s when I take the battery out only to forget about it for a few months.
Interesting post, caused me to think of my fire alarm as a silent bodyguard.
Haha so funny. I really enjoyed reading it. Well done.
I really enjoy some well done personification. Well done! 👌🏼
I like list-type stories and personification. This was great.
Very clever 🙂
Haha! Loved this!
I love the personification, especially the line “You are his whole life”.
Interesting Narrative. Anand Bose from Kerala
Thanks! That was so much fun 😀 I am wondering whether I have some kind of disorder though because I spend a lot of time doing this (not in writing). As far as I can tell with me nothing is safe. It all gets personified sooner or later. I am glad you did it in writing though so I could get some bonus fun.